Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

In the Flesh?

LINK:
In the Flesh? - THE WALL


Is it really real?  Does everything truly exist? Is anything real?  The better question might be: Does it matter?  So what if life actually exists?  So what if there were to be a "God" standing before my detached soul when I eventually die?  So what if I were to be reincarnated?  ...  Do I care?

Honestly, I could not care about the end of my life if somebody payed me (Well, I might put out a frontal illusion of caring, but it would not be sincere...).  It would not bother me in the slightest if I were to die at this exact moment.

Going back to the "God" reference, I would like to state that I may at heart have at least a small extent of a belief in "God".  However, I am a firm believer in stubbornness and the right to stand on firm ground.  It is not fair to force us to live this life as a test.  And before you LDS magicians jump in on me, I would like to state that it does not count as "our choice" if our current consciousness did not make the choice.  Though, technically, the act of staying alive up until now kind of denotes me, you, us as accepting the challenge of living life.  Hmm... For some reason, I feel that there must be some sort of fallacy within that logic.  Possibly it is circular.  IDK, if I look at this post some time in the future, I may change it to be more coherently organized and thus present at least a semblance of a well-supported argument. 

But back to the argument.  Since it was not the choice of my own mind to arrive in this life, I am boycotting "God".  Thus it is just easier to say, I don't believe in you than to say we're at odds.  BB will like that... (:  RD will think it's kind of funny. 

In order to coincide with the song, this post should be marked by indecisively building anger and a sense of fed-up power.  However, it seems that it turned into a rant about religion.  Ahh, such an easy topic to discuss.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, but one it takes life to comprehend. ^-^

    "If people bring so much courage to this world the world has to kill them to break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good, and the very gentle, and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too, but there will be no special hurry." (Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I gotta read more stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete