Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Thin Ice

LINK:
 The Thin Ice - THE WALL


Should I fall through that hole?  It would be easy to just tread heavily and fall into a hole of war.  Everybody seems to be watching.  And yet nobody seems to be here most of the time.  I noticed the other week that when I talk in a group people tend to listen.  They actually stop to hear what the almighty Madison has come up with out of the profoundness of his mind.  It's kind of annoying; it seems that they are trying to catch me at whatever slight pothole I fall into.  Or perhaps they are trying to find some sort of route, and they are asking me because surely I must have all the answers. 

When this happens, I want nothing more than to not be judged and to be ignorant--a cute, horny bunny rabbit as Donnie Darko puts it.  But since I was thinking about it anyway, I decided to draw a conclusion: that would be hell.  To have nobody pay any attention to me would be torture.  I need some sort of recognition in order to give a flip about anything.

So perhaps it is in fact a bad thing to skate on and fall through the thin ice.

2 comments:

  1. "I noticed the other week that when I talk in a group people tend to listen. They actually stop to hear what the almighty Madison has come up with out of the profoundness of his mind. It's kind of annoying; it seems that they are trying to catch me at whatever slight pothole I fall into. Or perhaps they are trying to find some sort of route, and they are asking me because surely I must have all the answers."

    Huh? Didn't get that? Who does what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends at school do that. Sorry, if I was unclear. I don't physically talk that terribly much--I'm much more of a thinker--but people seem to think that I'm deep or something because of that(which is true to a certain extent).

    ReplyDelete