Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Happiest Days of Our Lives

Link: The Happiest Days of Our Lives 

"Hey, you.  Yes, you.  Stand still, laddy."  This song addresses oppression.  In this case, it is the oppression that such government devices as school and societal "teachers" can have on us.  It cites sadists who simply denounce everything and expose every weakness.  They laugh at us, but they themselves are the ones that are beaten through their hatred.

But is that really true? Don't we all get beaten?  "So what's the point?"  There is none--unless you decide on something as the point of caring.  My current policy is that I want to see the end.  I don't care what happens on the way; I would like to derive some joy or meaning from it, but I mostly just want to see the end.  Unfortunately, I have this goal due to the fact that I also have the dreadfully crippling emotion known as hope ingrained in my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Hope sucks, dude. LOL.
    But it really does.And it's all so random. Some were abused and decide to 'cope" by being sadistic. Others, they become submissive.I think Pink Floyd are all aboyt...how everything's in vain and hopeless and so fucking random. Sorry,i'm pretty depressing i know.

    Love
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lose all hope those who enter here.

    Nice to see PF re-cycled again. I'm sure that Pete needs the money to keep his trains going.

    ReplyDelete