Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

I have a problem

Middle school.  Everything from 2005-2008.  I cannot think about it.  I can't remember it.  I can't.  And if I see something, hear something, watch something about middle school, I can't.  My heart feels empty and I die a little bit.  The first half of this video destroys my insides: 


Anytime people mention a first kiss.  I just lock up and I can't deal with it.  It throws me into ridiculous despair.  And the most ridiculous part is that nothing THAT bad happened in middle school.  In fact, I don't know if I could consider it bad at all.  I just, I can't deal with it.  I have to consider it a weakness.

3 comments:

  1. OK, interesting. But yeah, I think maybe we can all have and event or series of events which affect us in powerful ways, long after the actual event is over. I hope this wasn't abuse or rape that is making you feel this way. If so, I hope you can find help. If it's anything really, there are people you can talk to help put it in its proper perspective and perhaps heal a little.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no. Nothing like that.

    "And the most ridiculous part is that nothing THAT bad happened in middle school. In fact, I don't know if I could consider it bad at all."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have something similar, whenever I would reflect on my early adolescence (or more likely, the the person I could never quite be), I would lock up emotionally. A disabling mixture of cringing and regrets. I eventually decided that it wasn't the events of the past that were affecting me, but how I was in the present. My continuing inability to deal with my social isolation I guess. When I began to deal with that, the past took care of itself.

    The talking cure is the one. Someone, the right person, to share your load with. Everyone carries a burden, and everyone needs someone to share it with, a friend or a professional.

    He's right though. You gotta shake the dust.

    ReplyDelete