Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Are you a dreamer?

We live in an imperfect world.  This is something that we eventually have to accept.  It does not mean that life can be made fair, that we can have a just society.  There is no such thing as natural justice--things happen based on cause and effect.  Granted, there are a lot of causes that bring about lots of effects, are skewed by other causes and effects, and skew other causes and effects.  But as a whole, the universe is rather logical.  So does that really mean we live in an imperfect world?  Yes, while nature is perfect and logical, humans are not.  Humanity corrupts the nature of nature.  It is the one great scourge upon life.

That is where we dreamers come into the picture.  We create.  We identify and seek.  We make things out of what was not there to begin with.  And that is a wonderful occurrence.  If not for dreamers, would life be worth living?  (Yes, yes it would.)

The true question is not 'what do dreamers do?'  It is not 'why would I want to be one?'  It is 'How can I become a dreamer?'  And the answer is that it is generally a natural thing--not something that can be emulated well.  Now, luckily we all have a natural capacity to dream.  But it is up to you to fulfill your dreams.  (BTW, that's how you become a dreamer--you strive for your dreams.)  Tata, I'm off to school for our last week this semester.

5 comments:

  1. I like to think that our ability to dream is our ability to see beyond the power, the corruption and the destructiveness that drive humanity currently, to see a path to a better world. Don't let them con you that it must be the American Dream of individual achievement, instead dream that you can make a difference and leave the world a better place.

    When I was seven and I realised the world was unjust three things happened. I rejected god, I started to like boys, and I got angry and political. Kind of set the course, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If not for dreamers, would life be worth living? (Yes, yes it would.)" You should expand on that thought.

    Dreaming is good if kept realistic (when it comes to living and goals and such, not artistic creations). Many people become lost in their dreams.

    I would argue that the answer to "How can I become a dreamer?" is not to "strive for your dreams." Since we are all already natural dreamers, then anyone can be a dreamer, not just those who strive for their dreams. What us dreamers should be asking is "How do I apply my dreams to my life?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I know you "Anonymous"?

    Anyway, Life is worth living, no matter what happens. Duh. What's wrong with being lost in your dreams? And who cares about there life?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I must stay anonymous...I may be forrest coming to bug you.

    Nothing is wrong with being lost in your dreams, that is what we do all our lives basically, especially as kids. You just need to find a balance I suppose.

    Well a lot of people. duh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well do it nicely. It's not nice to be anonymous, though. I would guess that this is one of three people. But I don't feel like living in question of who the masked anonym-avenger is. So uh. Shoo fly. But thanks for the deep stuff.

    Edit: I would also like to point out that I do know the difference between there, their, and they're. It's just that sometimes, I mix them up when I don't care.

    ReplyDelete