Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

So, COLLEGE

Ok, so over the past few months, I have been staring down the giant elephant in my room, taking little jabs at a time, but slowly and surely destroying the monster.  I planned on applying to 8 schools, and I intend to finish applying to my 4th tonight.  Almost halfway there!

So far, I have applied to the Georgia Institute of Technology, the University of Tennessee, and the University of South Carolina.  I am presently working on a scholarship essay for the University of Vanderbilt and will submit the application and scholarship application tonight.  I wish that the schools would reply sooner than they do.  UT will send me my letter in the next week, and Georgia Tech should respond by December 16. 

If you all have not applied for college yet, you should know that this sucks.  Like, seriously, I can't stand writing all these BS Essays.  Even on a good day, it's difficult to accurately describe my goals and merits.  When you want me to throw fluff and pandering into the mix, it makes me feel despicable.  But so far I've managed by living deadline to deadline.  Like, the thing I'm sending in tonight is due tomorrow...  Yeah, can we say procrastination?  But it's whatever.  The process will be mostly complete by January.  Send me wishes of bon chance and all that junk.  Love you guys. 

(P.S. You can probably come closer to figuring out where I live.)

2 comments:

  1. The idea of that type of self-promotion always makes me feel uncomfortable. Our university entrance system is almost totally based on final year exam results. Which can be brutal and harsh, but I guess it fits in better with the self-effacing Australian character.

    Does that mean you'll still be living at home next year?

    Oh, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgia Tech FTW! I hate UT Knox. I live in memphis TN so you must be somewhat close to this part of the world. Vandi is awesome as well. suppose it depends on what you want to do in school. In any case good luck and yea submitting apps sucks. I went to rhodes college here in memphis. It was a great school (by accident).

    steve

    ReplyDelete