Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

GSA

Yep, I went today. There was about a 5 or 7:1 ratio of girls to guys. And we talked about transexuality. And some of the branches off of that. But it was quite informative. I somewhat enjoyed it, though i would prefer to have known more people there than I did. I felt REALLY awkward for the first little bit because the person who had invited me got there late. But all in all, it wasn't terrible--pretty cool in fact. I feel like they were really accepting.

And btw, my finger is now wrapped in a big ol' cast. Red because red is the best color. All of this was typed with one hand.

Edit: Oh, and after posting this, I realised that before i attended GSA I had spoken to a girl from one of my classes who said that she did NOT support "gay stuff". We talked about a lot of stuff and we ended up on an issue about books, and that translated to a discussion of why she does not read the same books we are assigned. And eventually, she said that the two things she simply would not read were things about homosexuality and things about something else that slips my mind--quite possibly atheism, though. And so, my opinion of this person changed a little. She may be quiet but that does not mean she does not have the same bigotous opinions of the rest of the US Southern and Midwest Bible Belt.

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the GSA thing. I guess it's a bonus not knowing very many people. That's how you get to meet new people. Yeah, right.

    It's a particular sense of betrayal I feel after getting to know someone who in so many ways is a sensitive, thoughtful, caring person. Right up until they reveal themselves as totally homophobic. What difference can it make who I fuck? I'm still the same person you knew and liked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had fun at the GSA meeting. I know you will be an asset to the club and bring much to the group. Hope your finger heals quickly and with out putting to much of a crimp in your normal activities.

    As always I wish you the very best. Hugs, Scottie

    ReplyDelete