Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pizza, Christmas, College, and Naruto

Haven't posted in forever.  Should I fill you with mindless droll topics?  Yes, yeas i should.  Ok, so, yesterday (MLK, Jr. Day), 4 friends and myself had a pizza eating contest.  I am proud to say that I won with 26 slices (well, 2 of us tied for first, but it still counts).  Total, the five of us ate over 100 slices of pieces.  So, you're thinking I am super fat--as are my friends.  Well, I'm only 160 or 170 pounds, so not that fat... and I probably weigh the most of the five of us.  So how did we eat over 20 pieces of pizza each?  The world may never know.

Christmas was good, as was New Years.  I now am in possession of a vehicle of my own, finally.  And my family hopes to upgrade to smart phones soon (I've had the same flip-camera phone for at least 5 years now).  So, materially, things are looking pretty good for me.  I finished all of my college applications and plan to move on to financial aid applications soon.  I pulled out the big guns in applying to Stanford.  One of the essays was: "What matters to you and why?"  So I wrote about how fairness and equality are top on my priorities-list and the way that being gay has influenced that.

I've been pretty stagnant in the coming-out phase, though I did go to a movie with another boy whom I know to be gay.  I didn't tell him anything about me, but I'm working on stepping out some.

Recently, I have fallen back in love with Naruto because it has gotten really interesting considering the ninja-world-war going on and the impending epic showdown of naruto v. sasuke.  If you want to start reading Naruto, I highly recommend it.  Here is a link to mangareader's naruto archives: http://www.mangareader.net/93-1-1/naruto/chapter-1.html
But I warn you, you are 569 manga chapters behind.  If you read constantly, you might finish in 2 to 3 days.  So get cracking.  It really is a good manga--quite emotional for me.

Anyway, that's about all of the important stuff I can think of.  Have a good day.  Remind me to post about the friend from a while back that had started copying some of my mannerisms.  He's in the back of my mind, and I need to vent, somewhat.

1 comment:

  1. A car, new phone - it sounds like the season of consumption has treated you well. Getting your first car and the freedom it gives you is a real rite of passage. Put it to good use. Speaking of freedom, you will be living away from home when you go to college, won't you?

    Thanks for the reminder. Reading Naruto has been on my list of things to do these summer holidays. Time to do it.

    Oh and by the way, you really must post about the friend that had started copying some of your mannerisms a while back. Is he still in the back of your mind?

    ReplyDelete