Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Of Course

I was listening to the radio today, and I heard an interesting advertisement/commercial.  It was by a church in our area that was advocating the abandonment of tolerance, saying that tolerance is not a moral good.  Jesus is the only truth, and tolerance is a tool of the devil.  I think that in this situation the commercial was saying to not allow the existence of Muslims, but I have a feeling that the ad was specifically vague so that it could both keep their asses out of the fire and encompass any other things that the good ole Christians have to put up with. 



Of course, however, I should have expected this eventually--since I live in the South (of the US).  And of course, I should have known this would come up the day after I had that chat with BB

However, I told BB about it, and he said that the church in the ad was incorrect.  So, I would like to state that one of the most devout people I know, as well as his church, supports the toleration and love of non-Christians.  I find it reprehensible that people can be such bigots as to hate other people because of their race or preference.  And for the church to be advocating this hatred is unacceptable.  Did nobody learn from the Holocaust, the Internment camps, the gulag, the liquidation of the kulaks, the (opposing example of the) radical Muslims?

Do not be a hater.  It is mean, cruel, and spiteful.  You will not make any worthwhile friends by spouting out about how you hate another person for some outward reason.  Come on, most of the people who do this kind of thing are grown-ups; you people are better than that.  Only you can prevent forest fires of bigotry.

1 comment:

  1. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb4jssoLzz1qatr87o1_500.jpg

    "Only you can prevent forest fires of bigotry."
    Fan or douse the flames, maybe. Prevent? Way too late, mate. Way too late.

    ReplyDelete