Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Anime/Manga

I have liked anime ever since I was a little boy.  So far, my favorite is Naruto (watched from sixth to eighth grade and then read manga).  Since I started high school, however, I've really only been reading the manga.  I like Bleach, DBZ, Naruto, Yuyu Hakusho, Ruroni Kenshin, Inuyasha, MAR, Detective Conan, and a few others.  I don't know if Avatar: the Last Airbender counts, but it is definitely my favorite anime (Naruto is my favorite manga/anime).  I might make posts about these from time to time.  So I just felt that I should get the fact out there.

DBZ may be an exception to the rule, but manga seems to be much more intelligent than any of the American cartoons that I see around nowadays.  It's even a bit more intelligent than some of the old cartoons that used to air on television.  Don't even get me started on how far the cartoon industry in America has fallen.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love Bleach! And YuYu Hakasho is wonderful as well. I enjoy Naruto better in manga than in anime. But i like Inuyasha better as an anime. Im a huge fan of Old Boy, the japanese version, not the korean one. Ooku, is wonderful too. It's plot is much different than any other plot i've seen in manga.

    I agree about most of the cartoons that air here, they are weak and flabby. Do you enjoy the movies of Studio Ghibli? I love their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayao Miyazaki is my favorite. Go Totoro and Nausicaa and Howl's and Spirited Away and Castle and Mononoke!!!!!

    ReplyDelete