Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ok, I kind of did a little experiment.

The other day, I changed the name of the site to (By MaddyLee et Paucis ceteris).  Then, since I did not get many hits at all (like 5 or 6 per day) for the days following that, I changed the name back.  And voila!  The number for today rose to like 50!!

Of course, there could have been a few factors affecting that.  Most importantly, I commented on a blog that gets a lot of looks (And thereby gained a new follower!! Woot woot.  Go Billy.).  So either people are attracted to and familiar with the name, or else Billy and his people did a lot of pageviews...  Hmm, I'm thinking that it is the former.  (Or else there is some circumstance that I am unaware of.)

So anyway, either way, I got a few ideas.  I don't really want to keep the title because I'm in a go-with-the-flow mood and probably will continue to be in that mood for the next while.

Also, I was going to try to add another friend of mine (BB) as an author because he had a rant the other day about the way that all of our friends are so ridiculously wrapped up in Academia.  And I just kind of wanted to be in more steady contact with him.  But yeah...  He seems to be slightly terrible at looking at text messages; so I am probably going to have to tell him in real life--in which I would have to go out of my way to talk to him--which is a bother.  Oh humdrum.

This post is just totally random.  I am absolutely making it up as I go, and I would just like to exclaim that I love the Christmas season.  This is partly because I don't really have to buy people gifts and yet I get to bask in the fact that this season is full of candy and treats--at least where I live--as well as music.  I was listening to "I'll Be Home for Christmas" by the Rascal Flatts yesterday as well as "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Margaret Whiting and Johnny Mercer.  I really wish that the producers of the ELF Soundtrack had made the duet of Zooey Deschanel and Will Ferrel into a full-length song.  But oh well; they didn't.  I also love the "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo" by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

I know it is odd to like the Christmas season if i do not like Christ or God or religion, but I just can't help it.  The snow is awesome [if we ever get any(though it did snow this morning slightly)].  The food is awesome.  The gifts are awesome.  The music is awesome.  I do like beauty in whatever form it may take. The family isn't that great.  Nor is the hypocrisy so very heartening.  But all around I love the season.

It's odd for me to be enthusiastic about stuff...

3 comments:

  1. I don't think my little blog gets that much traffic. Commenting is what gets you known.

    I'm glad you commented on mine. That way I got to know another "non-hetero" atheist with a touch of intellectual arrogance, living in a hostile environment. The outsider.

    Makes me feel at home, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you change the URL then our Follow links don't work.

    If you change the title then we still get the link but we wonder who the heck's blog it is!

    If you Follow other blogs then people click on your avatar and see you have a blog so they visit you (usually). If they like your blog then they come back. That's certainly one way of building visitors. Another is to make your blog list bigger by exchanging links with more blogs so that your blog appears on more other blogs.

    Oh and I agree about Chrimbo - but of course it was originally a Pagan Festival of mid-winter in Britain and was simply hijacked by the Christian Church on the grounds that all of us pagans would keep on celebrating our own Festival so they had theirs at the same time.

    I mean - nobody seriously suggests that anyone important was ever born on 25th December - not a God like person anyway.

    So enjoy Saturnalia with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The URL wouldn't change. It is and always (maybe) will be bymaddylee.blogspot.com; I just wanted to change the name because BB is a highly Christian member of a Christian family with little kids and I don't think his parents would like the title. So yeah. Anyway, I am familiar with Saturnalia, but I didn't know it was this time of year. I sort of thought it was like a harvest holiday or something--not a DEAD of winter thing. But oh well. I really need to add you to the blog list Micky.

    ReplyDelete