Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

November 13, 2010

I play on a u19 soccer team (rec--not school or competitive), and we will have our last game of the season tomorrow.  In fact, it is the last game of a tournament that we are in at the moment.  We have already played and won two games.  If we win tomorrow, we will win the tournament.

We're a pretty good team.  Sometimes we bunch up too much and occasionally get selfish with the ball, but otherwise, we're pretty solid.  I play defender mostly (usually left full), but I could play any position (except mid-field; I can't run FOREVER).  I used to be a competitive soccer player when I was little, but I quit when I was about 10 or 11 because I wanted to focus on being a good gymnast (if I didn't tell you, I was a gymnast for 10 years--until I broke my back and just couldn't get back to a competitive level.).  Last year, I started playing again on a team whose constituents were almost all good friends of mine, and I have enjoyed it thoroughly ever since. So yeah, I just felt I should tell you that and get a little bit of info about my life onto the blog, rather than just my whining.

So anyway, hope for us that we win.  And have a good day, morning, evening, night, or twilight.

2 comments:

  1. Soccer? Or really! Supporting another minority interest (in your country) are you?

    And do tell, if you dare - who is your alter ego?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I don't quite understand your question... Hey, I started soccer when I was like four or five with my conservative, southern dad as our coach. I'm pretty sure that I like soccer for much more than whether or not it is a minority's sport. I love that it is a sport to play with skill of the feet, presence of field, and teamwork.

    ReplyDelete