Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Best of "Goddamnit" or "Fucking Hell"?

Today, we will be revisiting the various posts that I have made on this blog.  I have included a short outline of the posts, ranked in descending order of best to less-than-best-but-still-awesome:
  1. My Father
  2. Who's Right
  3. I got bored in some class.
  4. Attempt
  5. It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims
  6. You're such a Narcissist
If you have any other things you can recall from my time as a blogger that you loved either as much as or more than what I have listed here, don't hesitate to comment.  So, onward to the explanations.
  1. My Father - This is just one well-written piece, here.   It exclaims logically, quietly, and effectively my feelings for my father and my station in my family.  If I am ever asked to tell how my father has affected my life, I will cite this post.  Also, I feel that I should include a new scene that is shaping my consideration of my father. Here:

  2. Who's Right - The first existential rant.  I garnered a fair bit of attention with this after commenting on Nerstes's blog.  In fact, I think that this post (and my stuff about Pink Floyd) gained me the friendship of Nerstes, Micky, maybe even Billy.  And I am grateful for that.  This references nihilism and Naruto.  What could be a better combination?
  3. I got bored in some class. - Oh poetry.  What more can I say than that I love these poems of mine and would like to reform these pieces to give certain parts of them more power.  But I am afraid I might ruin them. I'm also less-than-motivated to rewrite these.
  4. Attempt - Again, poetry.  This references the self and the mind--how some things are just too thought-provoking. And how the mind is a wealth of power.
  5. It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims - Motivation, questions, Coldplay, role-playing about being young.  What more do you want? I know that I have had a great many rants and incongruous streams of consciousness on here.  They gave me an outlet to face the world.  A productive outlet, at that.  Because I did not mess up my life with existential, nihilistic, paroxysms (Vocab word ftw).  This rant seemed somewhat to make sense.  And I greatly enjoyed writing the dialogue.  It made me feel so justified.
  6. You're such a Narcissist - This one is last, because it is not so awesome.  A picture of Narcissus, a tale about what my life is and what is "necessary".  With all the feedback, I realised that I was living on idealism and decided that the post was somewhat stupid.  But I felt like I needed to exposit some things--and a minimalist/survivalist approach seemed appropriate.  I included this last one to show that I am far from infallible and have learned from you all.  

I hope that you all have enjoyed this trip down memory lane (or exploration into deep depths that was made easier by a tour guide).  Feedback is appreciated.  And again, you may consider other posts of mine to be better.  I just reread through the blog before writing this post, and I felt like doing a little review that would elucidate some of my blog to new readers and those that have not read the blog in its entirety. 

I just realised that I have made 118 posts prior to this one and we are just past the one-year mark.  Thank you for your interest and loyalty.  I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the first and the last. Maybe it's because I prefer the concrete to the abstract.

    The post about your father was a powerful one. It's never easy exploring complex relationships like that one, and it said a lot.

    And the narcissist post. I liked how you were exporing values and what was important in life. You pushed ideas to their limit, and got the predictable response from us. But the very act of imagining a different way of life liberates us, and opens up a world of possibilities. Don't apologise for that.

    118 posts is not bad. Thank YOU for your interestingness and persistence. It makes me happy when a new post from you appears on my dashboard.

    ReplyDelete