Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Menage a deux

So far, I have told 10 people.  3 straight males.  1 butch.  1 bi girl.  And 5 straight girls.  I am actually in a bit of a competition with the butch to see who can tell the most people.  She might actually be winning--but not by her own intention.  I have told all 10 of my people.  She has told 7 intentionally--one of which told two other people, making her total 9.  She recently wrote about it on a college app.  She thought it would go straight to the college, but her guidance counselor checked over her application.  So 10 people (that she knows) know about her sexuality.  Technically, we are tied.  But I think I'm winning.

Anyway, why can't more guys be bi or gay?  Life has been disheartening lately.  I've told myself that I am just going to wait until college before I get into any relationships.  But it's definitely a challenge to live romantically alone.  Especially as a teenager.

Lately, I have considered proposing friends with benefits with one of my best male friends.  I don't think he would be offended or weirded out (that's why it is an option to propose it at all).  I told him I was gay a week ago.  And I decided that I would wait at least 1 month before proposing friends with benefits.  But yeah, waiting is not a fun game.  Barriers, why?

As far as a social life goes, life has been minimum.  School has been kicking my ass.  I have AP Calculus, AP Literature and Composition, and Honors Physics.  Calculus homework every night.  Essays, and all sorts of reading shit for English.  Not to mention our research paper due Monday.  And finally, large homework assignments in Physics and huge (6-15 pages typed) lab reports (which the teacher is incredibly picky about).  Also, I am performing medical research in my spare time: lately, I have been so busy that I cannot do that much.

A note about my English research paper: My gaydar for literature is functioning properly.  I DEFINITELY remarked one day while reading, "Oh, wow.  That sounds really gay.  I think my author is gay."  I looked it up, and sure enough, he has gay themes throughout his books and stuff.  Joseph Conrad, btw.  I have more to say about my topic than can be well-expressed in the space given, but I think my paper will be good.  The rough draft is complete.  I just have to edit and finagle in some citations.  I would rather just write about things that I picked up on in the book, but apparently that is not good enough for literary analysis: I must have other sources than just my books.  I am not allowed to have my own ideas.

Questions? Questions? Does anyone have any questions?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and I have the same birthday as Naruto. So I am 18 now.

    ReplyDelete