Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims

It's going to get better.  It will, it will.  Don't worry about the loneliness; don't worry about the pain.  Forget the boredom for it will be alright.  Hush, hush.  Don't make me come over there.  If you... if you want, we could be friends.  But i have to tell you that i don't know why.  Do you know why?  my only answer is because.  But that is not an answer at all.  Why? because.  What?  whatnot.  Who? no one and yet everyone.  There is a plurality and duality in all things.  And yet, it is all simply one.

So come over, just be patient, and don't worry.  At night, they would go walking til the breaking of the day.  The morning is for sleeping.  Through the dark streets they'd go searching to see God in their own way.  Save the night time for your weeping, your weeping.  Singing la la la la la la ehh. And the night over London lay.

And it was all yellow.

Is that quite necessary?  Yes, quite.  Ma'am, if you have a problem with my presence, there is no reason you need stay.  Well I never! What impudence!  Young man, do you realize that I am your superior--that i am better than you?  No ma'am, I did not realize any such falsity.  Hmmph, where do you young people get off being this rude?  Wherever did you learn this?  We learned it from you ma'am.  And from books and television.  if you don't like the way the world is going, why don't you try to change it?  There is nothing you can do, but at least you might feel like you've accomplished something at night, rather than knowing that you are a failure.  But if you ask me, you will always be a failure, just like i am a failure.  There is no such thing as success.  Have you not learned that yet?

2 comments:

  1. I love the night. The familiar shapes which rule us in the light seep away into the blackness. All we've got for company are the illusions we present to the world.

    She lives through the fantasy she creates around her children's lives. She is not a failure because her kids have become something. Do you not admit her power to transform you? No? That cannot be, for that makes her a failure.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very much of it you taught me.

    To eat the fat off my meat; to close my eyes and pretend to pray in church; to be respectful to my aunts and uncles so's I'd get bigger birthday presents.

    Oh yes, I owe so very much to all the things you taught me.

    ReplyDelete