Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

I'm just trying to get through

Lately, I have done my best to be utterly solitary--by being myself and making love to the internet.  facebook, reddit, and the anime/manga scene have kept me company during this semester.  The few people I do see in my life ask my plans for the weekend, and I'm just like, I'm going to sleep.  But then, I never do sleep.  I get behind on schoolwork, and then cram the week of the test.  But I legitimately do nothing productive or worthwhile.

I do have a few things I've learned lately--mostly revolving around manga and anime.  First, I should tell you all what I have done over the past few months.  I have watched through at least three animes
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
All three of which are incredible.  I have read through a number of mangas.
  • I caught back up on Bleach (I was about 100 chapters behind)
  • I read all the way through Death Note (about 100 chapters total)
  • I finished Bakuman (by the same author as Death Note, read through the last 150 chapters or so out of about 300)
  • I started and finished hunterxhunter (340 chapters, on hiatus right now but may pick back up later)
  • I got all the way through the 30 or so chapters of No. 6 (cute manga, main characters are two guys that act moderately gay for each other)
  • I've stayed caught up on Naruto
  • And I tried to restart reading One Piece.  However, I never could accumulate enough interest to read or watch more than one episode or chapter of One Piece
  • Tonight, I was going to watch the Neon Genesis 1.0, but my computer was finecky and did not get past about 10 minutes of the 98 minute film
  • (Not anime/manga related, but I also watched all three of the Batman movies and Wall-E.)

So, I've been busy doing anti-social nothings, lately.  I've been trying to meet interesting people, but there just aren't that many that are easy to like at first.  Of the people who are easy to like at first, they are concerned with other things.  Ramble ramble ramble introverted Idontlikepeople rant.

And finally, my roommate really likes girls, and he is a bit of an anime snob, which irks me.  Maybe it's just that he doesn't always like the same things I do.  Either way, I don't especially like living with him.  But that's because he smells.  Sometimes, REALLY REALLY bad; like, I have to open the window and flood the room with AC and Old Spice spray just to keep from vomiting.  He also has sleep patterns that can frustrate my own.  He will occasionally take naps during the day but then not sleep at night.  As a rather light sleeper, this saddens me.

Anyway, I don't really know what I'm doing.  This is all a side-effect of having (a) no purpose and (b) a crippling reliance on introversion.  And again, I don't say this for sympathy.  I don't say this for the idea of declaring a problem.  I'm just giving an update.  Some of you have expressed interest in me in the past.  So, my life is slow and easy except in that I'm at a tough college taking a couple slightly challenging classes while trying to adjust to not having friends thrust upon me.

2 comments:

  1. Well, Maddie, you are who you are. I've know introverts before, and they're fine people, just like you. I used to wonder why people didn't want friends around them, but I've met several guys just like you who are perfectly happy with how they are. So therefore, there's no need for sympathy, or advice.

    Getting along with a roommate can be tough. I lived more or less alone for most of the past 32 years, and the times I've had someone living with me, at least we had separate rooms.

    Sounds like the college courses are cool, I like them to be challenging - I just can't get into a class that offers no stimulation.

    Thanks for the update, and buy plenty of Old Spice - you've only got a few months left with ol' smelly!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to get out and do something, Maddie. It will never be easy, but you need to do something that involves face-to-face interactions with fellow members of the human species. Make yourself a plan, and do it. Advice I should follow myself a bit more often.

    I met another guy called Madison the other day and I thought of you. He couldn't be more different, I'm guessing. About 16 and close to being kicked out of school, a bit of a delinquent, stays out all night drinking etc. Oh, and obsessed with girls.

    ReplyDelete