Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm back!!

Sorry for leaving you guys with no warning. I realized too late that I had not said goodbye. I was stuck on a college campus for five weeks with only university computers to use--and apparently they monitor those. I didn't really want to risk it. But I'm back now!!

YAY!! Ok, so a lot has happened in the past 6 weeks. Just expositing it to you is a daunting task. But basically, I was at this camp-type-thing where we took a couple college classes in 5 weeks. And it rocked!!

I had a roommate who was my interest double. He was a LotR geek. He liked Naruto and Bleach. He even had the same gameboy (color, broken battery cover and all) and gameboy game I had. Twas freaky. The only two ways we majorly differed were our sexuality and our religion. Also, he was a slight bit more outgoing and social than I am. (friend 1) (I tried to sneak peaks of him in the shower in the morning. I saw him through the foggy shower door several times, but nothing much more than an outline of him. I was kind of disappointed.)

I had a few a good friends while there. Besides my roommate, there were these two girls--one a country-ish blonde, the other a brunette introvert. I think the blond one liked me a bit, but as always I played the role of heart-breaker. I think the brunette really liked me the first two weeks, but then her roommate and I had a bit of a fight--and we became less-close friends because her roommate was an overbearing, self-centered whore sometimes. (friends 2 and 3 and some of 7)

There was this tall guy who was rather fun to be around. He was interesting, really affectionate (he won "most huggable'), and yet not gay. Damn. There was this red-head that I met there, and she was really nice and acted cute. There was a Japanese girl who liked manga and could draw manga-style. I guess our group was full of folks who had random loves and so were somewhat of odd fits in many social groups. (friends 4,5, and 6)

And finally the overbearing, self-centered female from above. She goes to my high school, and we've been good friends for the past year or so. She's a nice girl. She's also a red-head. And she can be really loud. She goes through boys like Sherman through Georgia. And apparently, she is really easy to begrudge. I took her phone for like 20 minutes one night and started 5 conversations with some of OUR friends from before this camp (none of them cared). And she decided to ignore me for a week with the intent of no longer being friends. (She even unfriended me on facebook.) So I'm not on the best terms with her at the moment, but whatever, ya know. If she's that easy to offend, then I don't know if I want to be that good of friends with her. Oh, and the final member of our "group" of friends at the camp: her boyfriend. He was always embarrassed to be around us because we did some stupid things--like shout French and korean words in the university cafeteria to see if people would look (only a few people ever looked, surprisingly)--but he loved hanging out with us. (friends 7 and 8)

And those are the main friends that I made in the past 6 weeks. I'll exposit more later on. For now, I'm going to continue listening to Sufjan Stevens so that I don't feel lonely.

3 comments:

  1. I wondered what happened there. The summer camp thing is another way the US is different to the rest of the (English-speaking) world. We read about the outdoorsy ones mostly. It's good to know there are other types as well, where the "somewhat of odd fits" can go. Was there anything interesting in the courses you did? Oh, and just curious, are you out in those situations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmn, spooky sort of thing with the 'invisible' room mate but sort of cosy in a way too, I guess.

    Pretty much a cross-section of girls too by the sounds of things.

    Nice to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took two courses--one being chemistry and the other being a general science/scientific writing course. I told myself that I was going to be gay at this thing, but it was very much in-state (like 15 minutes from my house) and I had a few friends there from real life. So I decided against it. If I had been a bit farther from home, I might have done it just to try it out. But since I was still pretty attached to my home-life, it just seemed imprudent.

    The girls were pretty normal, Micky. As were most of the guys--which was kind of disappointing. I almost wish I had been an artist so I could go to school for the humanities, rather than the sciences. (I love science, but scientists can be a bit dull at times.)

    ReplyDelete